Posted by: DuctTesters | on April 24, 2017
The Building Industry Association of Southern California’s Los Angeles / Ventura Chapter is holding a: Connecting the Dots: Sustainability and Future Development Event. The Event is going to be held on Thursday, April 27, 2017 from 2:30pm to 8:30pm. This is not your ordinary type of event.
The afternoon will begin with key note speaker: Hasan Ikhrata who is the Executive Director of SCAG.
Here is a list of panels with the names of the panelists:
Sustainable Future: How Do We Get There?
- Gary Gero, Chief Sustainability Officer of Los Angeles County
- Lauren Faber O’Conner, Deputy Chief Sustainability of City of Los Angeles
- Adel Hagekhalil, Assistant Director of LA Sanitation District
- MODERATOR: Mike Lewis, President of Lewis and Associates
Net Zero and the Drought: What’s in Our Near Future?
- Demetri Polyzos, Senior Engineer of the Metropolitan Water District Water Resources Management Group
- Scott Slater, CEO of Cadiz, Inc.
- Gary Smith, Principal Analyst of Chief Executive Office of Los Angeles County.
- MODERATOR: Charlie Wilson, CEO of Southern California Water Committee
Net Zero: The Future of Energy & Development.
- Randall Higa, Program Manager of Codes and Standards for Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Susan Kristjansson, Market Strategy and Codes Standards Manager at SoCalGas
- Laird Sanders, Regional Sales Manager of Sonnen
- MODERATOR: Dave Hegarty, President and Founder, DuctTesters, Inc.
The event will finish up with networking from 6:00pm to 8:30pm. If you would like to attend this event, please visit here: https://biasc-la-ventura.silkstart.com/events/connecting-the-dots-sustainability-the-future-of-development.
Posted by: DuctTesters | on July 22, 2016
Are you prepared for the 2016 Energy Code (Title 24 Energy Code Standards)? High Performance Walls and High Performance Attics are coming! If you are interested in learning more, you can attend a FREE 2 Hour interactive online event through Energy Code Ace. Energy Code Ace is funded by California utility customers (SoCalGas, Southern California Edison, PG&E, and SDGE) under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission and in support of the California Energy Commission.
Speaker: John Morton, Senior Project Manager at ConSol
There are four upcoming sessions available:
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016: 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Thursday, August 4, 2016: 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Thursday, August 4, 2016: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm