Tag: Over the Edge
Posted by: DuctTesters | on December 30, 2016
The 2016 year has come to an end and we have stepped into 2017. Covering the entire state of California and select parts of Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and so on…we have clearly been busy! We are a strong efficient team and take pride in always being available to our clients and supporting others. Looking back on 2016, DuctTesters accomplished many things they are proud of including “giving back.” Here are some charities and ways the DuctTesters team has been giving back and supporting the industry:
Supporting “Habitat for Humanity San Fernando/Santa Clarita Valley”
- Habitat for Humanity SF/SC Valleys is a locally run, independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving North Los Angeles City and County, building houses and futures for low-income families. “They specialize in building the unique Enriched Neighborhood® communities in collaboration with Homes for Families, which we are currently building for low-income veterans in collaboration with the California Department of Veterans Affairs. To date, they have built 317 homes placing us in the top 5% of Habitat affiliates nationwide to reach the goal of building more than 100 homes.”
- DuctTesters was a sponsor of many of the events including the “Over the Edge for Veterans” which included raising $700 of individual funds and Alyssa Trebil, Business Development Manager of DuctTesters going over the edge of the 25-story Universal Hilton.
- Watch Youtube video about “Over the Edge for Veterans” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AFnHsut1Z4&feature=youtu.be. The event was a huge success and brought in over $100,000.
Supporting De Young Properties “St. Jude Homes” Project
- Since 2007, De Young Properties has been a major donor and builder of nine St. Jude Dream Homes, helping to raise $9,710,345 to help the kids of St. Jude fight cancer and other catastrophic childhood diseases. One hundred percent of the proceeds were donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which works around the clock to develop cures to save the lives of boys and girls, including children in the San Joaquin Valley.
- The 2016 St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway raised $1,018,200 for Jude Children’s Research Hospital to help fight cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Watch video here: https://vimeo.com/195722168
- Find out more here: https://deyoungproperties.com/st-jude-dream-home/#!
Supporting “Dave Packer Builder’s with a Gary Sinise Foundation Project” (Wounded Warrior Brubaker Residence)
- Gary Sinise Foundation: “The experiences of war leave an indelible impact on our servicemen and women. As they return to civilian life, the physical, emotional and psychological challenges they face are often difficult. As citizens, supporting the heroes who defend of our nation is a responsibility we can share. We are all beneficiaries of the freedom and security they fight to protect.”
- “Its outreach supports those who sacrifice to defend our country: active duty, veterans, first responders, and their loved ones.They have some key programs to show gratitude for our American heroes through entertainment, family support, and acts of appreciation.”
- Dave Packer Builders strongly supports the Gary Sinise Foundation. Dave Packer Builders asked DuctTesters to support them as they constructed a custom home for a local wounded warrior, Josh Brubaker, and his wife. DuctTesters was proud to support Dave Packer Builders and the Gary Sinise Foundation. The foundation is always also seeking innovative products that assist the wounded warriors in the daily living rituals and operation of their home. It was a wonderful honor to participate in the construction of Mr. and Mrs. Brubaker’s home.
- Watch video about foundation: https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/video-gallery/2016-gary-sinise-foundation
Supporting SCPC’s “Warrior Foundation Freedom Station”
- Warrior Foundation Freedom Station aims to be the leading force in assisting, honoring and supporting the military men and women who have so bravely served and sacrificed for our country.
- They are committed to supporting our warriors in a variety of ways, providing quality-of-life items, support services and transitional housing designed to assist them and their families during recovery.
- They assist four main groups of warriors: the seriously injured just returning home from war; those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder or traumatic brain injury; those undergoing physical or occupational therapy, and warriors who have been medically retired and remain in our community. To serve this last group, they pioneered a new approach and opened Freedom Station a unique recovery transition center and housing facility that provides injured warriors with the acclimation time, guidance and resources to successfully make the transition from military service to civilian life.
- Find out more here: https://www.warriorfoundation.org/
Supporting RPC’s “Together We Rise”
- “Together We Rise” is a non-profit organization that supports children in foster care. The young individuals are all under 25 years of age. Together We Rise is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization comprised of motivated young adults and former foster youth. The foundation has allowed the group to provide thousands of foster kids across the country with sports equipment, bicycles, suitcases and more. Together We Rise is dedicated to transforming the way youth navigate through the foster care system in America.
- DuctTesters was happy to provide Together We Rise with requested gift cards that support their mission.
- Find out more here: https://www.togetherwerise.org/
- DuctTesters supports and participates in dozens of industry organizations. Some of the organizations include the California Association Building Energy Consultants (CABEC), National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), California Building Industry Association (CBIA), AIA, RPC, SCPC, Local HBA and BIA Chapters across CA and NV. Many of the organizations advocate and improve ongoing issues for the building and energy industry.
- DuctTesters also volunteers their time to educate others such as: holding a “POP UP” Energy Code presentation at the 2016 BIS Show at the Riverside Convention Center, an Energy Code presentation for AIA SFV and one for AIA OC. http://www.aiasfv.org/2015/01/01/hello-world/
- Dave Hegarty, President of DuctTesters sits on the 2019 California Energy Commissions Code Compliance Planning Committee. California’s Building Energy Efficiency Standards change every three years. The 2019 Standards will continue to improve upon the 2016 Standards for new construction, alterations, and additions of residential and nonresidential buildings. The 2019 Energy Code Standards will go into effect on January 1, 2020.
- The Building Industry Association of Los Angeles Ventura held 2016 Installation and Awards Dinner. The event had over 400 attendees comprised of builders, architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, and more. Alyssa Trebil, Business Development Manager of DuctTesters won the “Member of Excellence” aka Member of the Year award. This is a wonderful accomplishment for the DuctTesters Team.
- DuctTesters has representatives sitting on the 2017 Board of Directors and on various Association Committees at various Building Industry Associations and on the California Association Building Energy Consultants. The team remains active and supportive of many industry organizations in California and Nevada.
With all of this being said, 2016 was a strong year for DuctTesters. We wish you and your family a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. 2017 will be even better!