Tag: Certified Energy
Posted by: DuctTesters | on April 24, 2017
The Building Industry Association of Southern California’s Los Angeles / Ventura Chapter is holding a: Connecting the Dots: Sustainability and Future Development Event. The Event is going to be held on Thursday, April 27, 2017 from 2:30pm to 8:30pm. This is not your ordinary type of event.
The afternoon will begin with key note speaker: Hasan Ikhrata who is the Executive Director of SCAG.
Here is a list of panels with the names of the panelists:
Sustainable Future: How Do We Get There?
- Gary Gero, Chief Sustainability Officer of Los Angeles County
- Lauren Faber O’Conner, Deputy Chief Sustainability of City of Los Angeles
- Adel Hagekhalil, Assistant Director of LA Sanitation District
- MODERATOR: Mike Lewis, President of Lewis and Associates
Net Zero and the Drought: What’s in Our Near Future?
- Demetri Polyzos, Senior Engineer of the Metropolitan Water District Water Resources Management Group
- Scott Slater, CEO of Cadiz, Inc.
- Gary Smith, Principal Analyst of Chief Executive Office of Los Angeles County.
- MODERATOR: Charlie Wilson, CEO of Southern California Water Committee
Net Zero: The Future of Energy & Development.
- Randall Higa, Program Manager of Codes and Standards for Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Susan Kristjansson, Market Strategy and Codes Standards Manager at SoCalGas
- Laird Sanders, Regional Sales Manager of Sonnen
- MODERATOR: Dave Hegarty, President and Founder, DuctTesters, Inc.
The event will finish up with networking from 6:00pm to 8:30pm. If you would like to attend this event, please visit here: https://biasc-la-ventura.silkstart.com/events/connecting-the-dots-sustainability-the-future-of-development.
Posted by: DuctTesters | on April 7, 2017
DuctTesters will be presenting the 2016 Building Energy Code Standards at the AIA San Francisco Lunch and Learn on Wednesday, May 24, 2017. This workshop will allow AIA Members to earn 1 LU Continuing Education Credit. The Lunch and Learn will be held in San Francisco from 12:00pm – 1:00pm. Attendees will receive a tri-fold informative handout and will be able to obtain the PowerPoint presentation.
Dave Hegarty, President of DuctTesters, will be discussing the new 2016 Energy Code Standards. He will cover the following information:
- The difference between: Mandatory, Performance, and Prescriptive Measures
- Time Dependent Valuation (TDV)
- High Efficacy Lighting
- High Performance Walls (HPW)
- High Performance Attics (HPA)
- PV/Solar Credit
- Hot Water Heater Changes
- A basic understanding of some of the Energy Points/Costs, etc.
This is an informative event that you will not want to miss. If you would like to attend this event, please visit the AIA SF event page for more details: http://www.aiasf.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=952960&group=