FAQ-Builder-Develop-Arch-DuctTesters P1

Builder, Developer, Architect Frequently Asked Questions about Energy Consulting

The builder, developer, or architect hires the energy consultant to prepare the compliance documentation and make recommendations on what features will be required to meet compliance. Then the builder or developer hires the HVAC, insulation, and other subcontractors to install some of the required measures. The builder or developer hires the rater to perform the third party field verification and diagnostic testing the home(s) built. It is best practices for the builder or developer (opposed to the subcontractor) to hire the rater directly, making sure there are no conflicts of interest so the rater is truly a “third party” rater.

Comments are Closed